Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pimped Trucks For Sale

No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice of Sklanski and Miller



Yesterday I came home the book the title of the post. I just read the first chapters and the truth is that it's good stuff. An intermediate level book I wish I had read before.

One of the basic concepts that I have read and that has made it quite surprised me is how to maximize the mathematical expectation of a move having nuts on the river, the nuts have fallen after the five community cards. See page 21 of that book.

In short and without reproducing the particular play, the author explains that many players Jugan loose on the river to maximize the villain see our bet. Often we feel that in this way we milk more cows. However, the calculations show that it is preferable to make a pot sized bet if we see less often, because on average win more. Basic and surprising for me. I wish I had reconsidered before this regard.

In another month things are going reasonably well-roi 13% today. Must await the end, but if there are no surprises this September will be my month profit since online poker game. I further

to pinpoint the end of free welcome bonus of $ 600 at Full Tilt. Apparently I estimated well over two months, the grind from 5 to 20 +2 +0.5 $ $. This alone is reason to be moderately happy.

Too bad my first cash out "important" will coincide with the aftermath of the crisis of banks and insurers Yankees. I guess you can not ask for anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment